- At Connectus Global we recognize that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our clients, in relation to customers, employees, regulators, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- Recognize that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to our clients are integral to our business;
- Aim to demonstrate our commitment to our responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies;
- Take seriously all feedback that we receive from our clients and their tenants and, where possible, maintain an open dialogue with them to ensure that we fulfil the requirements of this policy.
The Executive Team at Connectus Global is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realize our corporate responsibilities. However, all employees of Connectus are responsible for our successful performance of this policy.
Our Partnership Focus:
- Thrive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of sustainable development and environmental policies;
- Ensure a high level of business performance while minimizing and effectively managing risk;
- Operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees;
- Offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development;
- Provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment;
- Provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment;
- Uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with clients and suppliers
- Ensure our contracts clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship;
- Operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices; and
encourage our suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for our mutual benefit
Working together to build relationships that respect Indigenous peoples’ interests is important to Connectus Global. One way we are supporting the long-term economic interests of Indigenous peoples in Canada is by committing to directed procurement opportunities for the benefit of Indigenous communities in support of our relationship agreements, impact benefit agreements and other arrangements with Indigenous groups. Contract opportunities for indigenous business inside of these arrangements are also available through Connectus Global general procurement process.
Directed procurement opportunities will be governed by the following principles:
- Opportunities may be used to fulfill defined procurement commitments outlined in a relationship agreement, impact benefit agreement or similar arrangement with an Indigenous group
- Awarded contracts must be at market competitive prices
- Awarded contracts must meet Connectus Global’s expectations with respect to qualifications, safety and performance standards for the work
- The contracting party may be the Indigenous group with whom Connectus Global has an arrangement, or may be a business designated by the Indigenous group to perform the work (a designated business partner); and
- When identifying directed procurement opportunities Connectus Global will take into account company-wide business and operational factors such as security of supply, competitive market impacts, and ongoing program costs and efficiencies. Connectus Global also supports the engagement of Indigenous communities, businesses and individuals through the terms of our contracts with contractors generally, and particularly where work is within a First Nations traditional territory. Where appropriate, Connectus Global will include targets and reporting requirements in our contracts with contractors to ensure that engagement requirements are being met.
In this Policy “Indigenous” means First Nation, Inuit or Métis.
Statement of Indigenous Principles, we commit that:
- We will always operate safely and protect the safety of individuals.
- We will inform First Nations communities, to the best of our ability, of our multi-year planning, identifying potential projects and works as early as possible for discussion.
- We will strive to provide the clearest, accessible and transparent information possible.
- We will seek advice on Indigenous perspectives on how to best reduce or avoid impacts on the environment, cultural heritage and social needs.
- We will be accessible and open to understanding the unique interests of Indigenous Peoples in relation to our operations.
- We will respect that our perspectives may be based on different world views.
- We will seek opportunities for meaningful benefit with First Nation communities as we refurbish existing facilities and assets, build new infrastructure or undertake work.
- We will seek solutions to improve the accessibility of clean reliable and affordable power to First Nations communities in remote areas of the province.
- We will support Indigenous candidates to succeed in gaining employment with Connectus Global and to increasingly become a part of our workforce.
- We will deliver on our commitments and we will be open and transparent if something is standing in the way of our mutual success.